Two journalists die under separate circumstances

courtesy of Google


Kenyan Journalists have today woken up to sorrow as two of their colleagues have lost lives under two separate shocking incidences.

K24 Journalist Daniel Chemjor was confirmed dead in the morning after he had been reported missing.

Reports indicate that the journalist died on Wednesday night in a car accident when his vehicle veered off the road and hit a guard rail before plunging into Cheploch gorge.

Elgeyo Marakwet County Commissioner Dr. Ahmed Omar confirmed his identity and said he suspects the deceased was over speeding.

“He was the only occupant of that vehicle. He must have been over speeding because the car lost control before plunging into water.” He said

The vehicle was retrieved with the help of a crane brought by SBI Company where the police had sought assistance from. His body was then pulled out on Thursday afternoon.

Earlier on, the Police who arrived at the scene immediately after the accident could not locate the car due to darkness and had to wait till morning before starting the operation.

Until his death, Chemjor was working for media max company and was on paternity leave.

Media max acting CEO Ken Ngaruiya and colleagues have expressed their sorrow following the untimely death of Mr. Chemjor.

Mr. Ngaruiya eulogized Chemjor as an industrious man who touched the lives of people both in the company and in his private life.

“He was a dedicated man who has made a difference in the company. He has also touched lives both in the company and outside”, said Mr. Ngaruiya.

Another colleague described the deceased as a tremendous man who will be missed by all.

“Each of us not only grieves at the passing of Chemjor, who was with no doubt a tremendous individual, but also for the loss his family has suffered.”

At the same time, Star’s Siaya Correspondent Eric Oloo was today morning found dead inside the house of Ugunja Deputy OCS Sabina Kerubo.

Confirming the incident, Ugunja OCPD Ibrahim Muchuma told the press that Oloo had three deep cuts.

He said that three people have been already arrested and are in police custody.

“Oloo had three deep cuts on his head when we found him in the house. So far, we have arrested three people who were in the house at the time of the murder,” said the OCPD.

The three people are the deputy OCS Ms Sabina Kerubo, her alleged boyfriend and another man who were in the house at the time of the murder.

A neighbour who sought anonymity revealed that the deceased journalist had been cohabiting with MS Kerubo and the deceased had found another man in the house on Wednesday night.

Oloo’s body was moved to Ambira mortuary for a post mortem examination.